Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Favorites -- Reading and Stitching


I love to read and I have seen several book blogs with reading challenges.  One that interested me was to read one book a week--52 books in a year.  I normally read maybe 20-25 books a year and thought I would see if I could increase it to 52. I'm not officially signing onto a challenge, but will be recording books read here on my blog. I may make a list of required reading for myself to make it a bit more of a challenge, but mostly it will be books for pure enjoyment. At this point in my life, that is what I want to spend my time on---enjoyment!!

I just finished my first book of the year.  Jan Karon's, Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good.  Loved it!  I have always been a fan of the Mitford series and was so happy to revisit with Father Tim and all the "old" characters and the new.  She left plenty to carry on in more stories, so I hope there will be more books to come.







Today I'm working on more embroidered bunny blocks.  I finished one that I personalized a bit.  My son-in-law coaches children's basketball and their colors are gray and lime green.  So I made the ball into a basketball and gave the gray bunny a lime green bow.

Join Kathy and other Slow Sunday Stitchers to see what they are working on.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read also. I'm a embroiderer to. But I don't see how to follow you with email.
    artandsoul57@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you are personalizing your bunny blocks. That will make them special for sure.

    ReplyDelete