Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bell and Bean Salsa

I've been away from the computer for awhile.  I went to Kansas to visit my Mom and my youngest brother.  While there my brother made this Bell and Bean Salsa, a recipe he received from my sister.
It was so good I thought now that I'm home and peppers are in abundance I would make some.
Bell and Bean Salsa
3 sweet bell peppers (red, yellow & orange), diced small
½ cup onion (red) diced small
1 cup celery, diced small
2 Tablespoons canned jalapeno pepper, diced
1 4 oz. jar diced pimento (didn’t use)
1 can black-eyed peas
1 can black beans
1 can shoepeg corn

Marinade:
Heat together ½ cup oil, ½ cup cider vinegar, 1 cup sugar or Splenda, salt and pepper.
Cool – pour over veggies, let sit up to 24 hours, drain.
*******************************************************
I've been playing around a bit with one of the baby quilts--
Looking forward to September--two new babies in the family and things will slow down a bit so I can get back to quilting.

1 comment:

  1. The salsa looks so yummy! And, I just love the green around the flowers.

    ReplyDelete