Monday, June 4, 2012

Cutting out little pieces


I spent this afternoon cutting out the next 4 Dear Jane blocks--a lot of little pieces!  Don't know why, but for some reason it reminded me of cutting out paper dolls when I was a kid.  I've always like cutting with scissors--I'm not a rotary cutter fan!

.


After every thing was cut, I measured and marked all the seam allowances on each block with a chalk pencil. I did a quick coloring in the block outline with colored pencils in a shade similar to the fabric I was using,  that way when I start to put it together, I can look at it and figure out how to piece it together.  Then I put each block in a ziplock bag.  Now I'm ready to start stitching again.

2 comments:

  1. Good going. Can't wait till you start posting your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I did a quick coloring in the block outline with colored pencils in a shade similar to the fabric I was using, that way when I start to put it together, I can look at it and figure out how to piece it together."

    That is a good idea. I will have to try that.
    V

    ReplyDelete