Saturday, December 31, 2016

For the last couple of weeks I have been thinking about my blog and how I let it slip away.  It's been two years since I last posted--how time flies!   I thought I should just start over with a new one, but I had hard enough time setting this one up so I thought I would try and slip quietly back into this one.   While checking back into blog land I came across a challenge just beginning tomorrow (a FB group) 1 Year of Stitches and I knew it was something I wanted to do.
So out came the thread, the fabric and the hoop.  Since this is a slow stitching process (a stitch or few a day) I want this piece to somehow represent my year of 2017.  For the last few days I have had the word Practice floating around in my head.  At first I was looking at it as a Buddhist term and then a term from writing group -- writing practice.  But then I got to thinking--life is a practice. Some of us strive to practice until perfect (which at my age I now know there is no such thing as perfect), but things are constantly changing so we need to continue practicing. Anyway I am going to start this piece of stitchery out with the word practice in mind.

The best of New Year wishes to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment